Statement of faith
We are unashamedly Evangelical Chasrismatics in belief and practice, so we would hold to the Evangelical Alliance Statement of faith…
We believe in
1. The one true God who lives eternally in three persons – the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
2. The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
3. The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God-fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
4. The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
5. The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ – born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
6. The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
7. The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
8. The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ. 9. The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
10. The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers – given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
11. The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.
Because we are also reformed charismatics, the 42 material carries these doctrinal flavours
1) Baptism in water is by fully immersion on confession of faith in Jesus.
2) Baptism of the Spirit is not automatic on repentance and faith and is a separate empowering experience of the Holy Spirit, often accompanied by the gift of tongues, but not always.
3) Once saved always saved – salvation is a work of God’s grace and isn’t dependent on us doing anything further to keep it. We are not saved by faith, kept by works. It’s all about Jesus and His grace received by us. But real faith is accompanied by works!
4) We believe eldership is male and elders are shepherds of the flock, guarding, guiding and governing and equipping and release men and women to their full potential in God.